Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Its Going

We are at day 17 now, Aryana is eating every 2 to 3 hours. When we were at the hospital I swear she slept for like 4 hours at a time, and I told my husband, she is going to be angel here and turn into a monster when we get home. Well, she isn't a monster, but she isn't sleeping as great, which I should have suspected. At night she sleeps in her pack n play bassinet and during the day she sleeps in her bouncer. I am stressing about trying to get her on some type of schedule, but I don't think its the right time yet. I think it might still be a little early. BTW, how the heck do you get a newborn on a schedule, aren't they on their own schedule? At what point can you start getting them into a schedule?

Finally I was able to save down some pictures that I took the last couple days. So here she is! I swear to you I can see her changing everyday!


3 comments:

  1. Oh she is just gorgeous!!! What a sweet pea!

    Sorry, I just had to gush over your princess before getting down to the meat and potatoes.

    Here goes:

    From MY experience (I hated it when people told me what they did and acted like it was printed in the bible) babies sleep tendencies really change when they are first born. The actual process of being born takes a lot out of their little bodies, so they sleep a TON at the hospital. By the time they get home, they are more focused on eating, so they usually only go about 2-3 hours before waking. So you are guys are right on track.

    Also, because their stomach size changes so drastically in the beginning, it's hard to put them on a schedule. I would just go with her flow for now. One thing I would try to do is try to keep her up a little bit more each day every evening. Yorlee LOVED to sleep all day, and would party all night. So I started the process of getting her on a night schedule. Every night I would keep her up for fifteen more minutes and let her sleep fifteen minutes longer. Now, there were bumps in the road. But today she goes to be around 7:30/8:00PM, and stays sleep until at least 5AM. After that, I can feed her and she zonk right back out.

    Also, go with with you feel is right. If you really feel the need to implement a schedule, do it. But just be kind to yourself and understand that it takes time. She's still a itty bitty, so it's going to take some time. You can always email me if you need any help. I'm not an expert by any means, and I'm still learning as I go, but I'll try to help as much as I can.

    One more thing (if you read this whole thing you deserve an award, LOL!), don't get frustrated when you hear other people talk about their baby sleeping 7 hours at night or gaining a pound a week, etc. All babies are different. One of my friends constantly talked about how advanced her baby is and how she slept through the night at three weeks old. Her child is now in the 0% for weight. My baby, who would wake up every 3-4 hours at night to eat, she's in the 50%. Not being snarky, just saying. Do what YOU feel is best, and only focus on you and your baby.

    Hugs to you, it's hard, but it's totally worth it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee he hee! My comment was longer than your actual post! Sorry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schedule didn't exist until 3 months. I remember people used to ask about her nap time. I was like, huh?? Even now, getting her to nap at a certain time during the day is impossible. But, I miss those newborn days!

    ReplyDelete