Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

P.90x vs 30 day shred

First, let me start off by saying nobody asked me to write about these workout programs, this is just my opinion and experience.

I think mostly everybody that wants to work out says that they don't have enough time to do so. I thought I didn't have time before Aryana, now I really feel like I don't have time. Anyways, before I was pregnant with Aryana, I bought P.90x and was determined to work out, actually before that, I had a membership to the gym, and hated going because I never knew what to do, and was not going to pay for a personal trainer. I convinced myself that p90x would be the solution, I could do it from the comfort of my own home and follow instructions :) Well, lets just say it lasted maybe 2 or 3 weeks. The workouts were over an hour long and the yoga part, I couldn't do half of the things they were doing. I sold it a couple months ago.

Fast forward to after Aryana was born I see the 30day Shred by Jillian Michaels at Tar.get for less than $10 and buy it. Well, I just got around to starting it last week, and let me tell you, I LOVE IT!! It is the perfect amount of time! It takes like 30 mins, which is perfect for me! After Aryana goes to sleep I usually pop it in and still have a couple hours to do stuff around the house. If you don't know how it works, she has 3 different levels that you can start at, Level 1 being the easiest. She does a circuit workout; Strength, Cardio and Abs 3 times using different workouts for each circuit. The only thing you need is some free weights. My first week I started with Level 1, and this week I started Level 2, and boy did it kick my booty! You can pretty much do whatever level you want for as long as you want. I just decided to do the first week at level 1, the second week at Level 2, and so on. I'm not sure what I will do the last week, maybe level 3 again. I will let you know if I see results after 30 days!

Anyways, just wanted to share my opinion/experience, has anybody done either work out program?

3 comments:

  1. i haven't done any of the above but i need to start a work our regime and at the moment xbox kinect shape up is helping me build up the strenght level. but i have few regime to try out and bill bootcamp is my favourite all time :)

    p.s i am starting a new series would you like to be featured? :) stop by to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how is the hair care going/ if you haven't read Future Mama's post on lil J's curls, it is a must, great tips there

      Delete
  2. Toi, I'll have to check out bill bootcamp, just to keep it interesting!

    I left a comment about your new series, thanks for asking me to be part of it!!

    Hair is going, I have just been putting it up in a ponytail, I do have to check out the Its a Curl product, I took a quick look at it, and it looks promising!! Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete