Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Now

So I have obviously been thinking about what happened last week, and although it hurts and not something anybody wants to go through, I do want to say that I'm glad that it was very early. Obviously I'm not glad it happened but just thankful that I didn't hear the heartbeat already or have it really sink in. There are people out there that have gone through much worse. After my month break we'll give it a go again. It is just so crazy to me how common it is, its not something women really speak about, but I feel like it might help others that are going through the same thing and not feel alone. I had so many unanswered questions, and the doctor just said its the luck of the draw. I know that they probably see this all the time, but the doctor I saw really wasn't sensitive about it and basically told me she was trying to rush through it because I was being squeezed in her schedule.

I am really just trying to tell myself that it happened for a reason, and try to stay positive when I can start to try to conceive again.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. A lot of women experience miscarriages, and kind of sweep the memory under the rug (so to speak). They don't really talk about it, or acknowledge it. After I had a miscarriage in December, I couldn't stop talking about it. I felt like I needed to get those emotions off of my chest, and I was completely amazed at how many women had gone through the same thing. And almost ALL of them went on to have successful pregnancies.

    My doctor brushed me off to the point that I never went back to her again. I felt she was insensitive and uncaring. Going through a miscarriage is a process. But the process varies from person to person. If you need to talk it out, I'm here. Honestly! I've been there, and now I'm experiencing life after miscarriage. While it isn't easy at times, it has given me a completely renewed sense of appreciation for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to stop by and check on you. I hope you're still doing okay. Thank you SO much for bringing me back to reality on my blog. I'm trying to stay positive, but it is hard at times. I'm a work in progress though. :-) Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete