Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Want my Mommy!

Lately, Aryana will not let my husband put her to bed. She will scream until I come in and take her, and then she will quiet down and go to sleep. I don't understand it because we share responsibility with her. I take her to daycare, he picks her up, we take turns feeding her, bathing her. We both play with her, I guess my point is, I don't do anymore than he does. But, for some reason, she wants nothing to do with him at bedtime. Of course secretly I don't mind, its nice to be wanted, but I feel horrible for him! When I put her to sleep and come walking out, he always asks, "what is her deal?" I always tell him, that one day, she will only want him, that her preference will change eventually, but I guess until then, I'll take it. I know that if it was me she didn't want, my feelings would be hurt.
I'm sure me breastfeeding has something to do with it, but I stopped almost two months ago now, so I guess I thought she would get used to him feeding her and comforting her. Am I wrong for going in and taking over? I just hate to hear her scream!
I'm a little nervous because my husband and I are going on a trip soon and my MIL and SIL will be watching Aryana, and I would hate to hear that she screams at bedtime, I would be heartbroken! A friend suggested I sleep with some of her blankets and if she gets upset, they can use those, so I will give it a shot! I may also tell them to not tell me until I get back that she screamed at bedtime! We will only be gone for 3 nights, but I'm so nervous and know that I am going to miss her like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those days! Yorlee would do the SAME thing. I made the mistake of not letting her cry it out with my husband, and it took us MONTHS to resolve the issue. If you can take it (and I know it's hard because I hate to hear my baby cry), let your husband put her to sleep no matter how much she protests. What she is doing is realizing that if she screams, Mommy comes running. And she will use it at every opportunity. If she is dry, fed, and isn't sick, I'd let hubby keep her and cry it out. If you question it for a second, go get her though. I know how much it can wear you down. Now, Yorlee is going to through a 9 month sleep regression so we're back to square one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids only want me for bedtime and I love it too!

    It is true, one day she will only want him!My kiddos only want their daddy for playtime outside or to watch movies with. They also connect with him through music. It's so cute.

    Babies are smart and know exactly what they are doing. Give her a couple of nights consecutively and she will get use to dad. They are also quick learners.

    ReplyDelete