Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How Long Have You Been Together?

11 years!! Really?! That is always the reaction I get when people ask how long DH and I have been together. Well, we met in high school! He moved to my school in 10th grade. I was actually out sick his first day. My sister came home from school, and told me there was a new kid in class and he talked funny..haha. Well, my sister is from Virginia, little did she realize she is the one that had an accent. Anyways, the next day when I went to school, I realized quickly who he was. For one, the high school we went to only had about 10 black kids, and he was HOT!!! :) I truly don't remember how we started talking, but eventually we started writing notes back and forth during class, and if you can believe it I asked HIM on our first date in a note of course :) He wrote back and said "Is J asking W on a date?" and of course I had to say no, that I just wanted him to hang out with my sister and I and a friend. Well, he said yes. He is 9 months younger than I am, so, on our first date, and many dates after I had to drive haha. So, I picked him up from his house, which was awkward, because his Dad was outside mowing the grass, and his Mom peaked out the door, and I didn't even get out of the car!!! I realize now how disrespectful that was, but I was 16, and not saying I was not a good kid, I just didn't think about it at the time...oops. So we went and saw a movie and went bowling. Been together ever since, besides a few "high school break ups" We made it past high school and college, we moved out of state, and after about 9 years, he proposed, on Christmas Eve in 2007 and we married in May 2009! So, its funny now to say that we have only been married for just over a year!!
Now, that we are TTC its kind of annoying when people tell us to wait, that we should enjoy being newlyweds, but really, we have been together for a long time, I don't think we need to wait. My husband always says, what are we waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment